Are you between 13-18? Google would love for you to join them and share your best idea using science, technology, engineering, and math in the Google Science Fair 2018. It doesn’t matter if you use pen and paper or a full-scale lab; it’s all about the idea and the thinking behind it, no matter how big or small.
What should you do next? Start thinking up ideas. Go solo or grab some friends to join and dive into all the guides and inspiration Google collected to help you along the way. Oh, and check out the prizes—there’s way more this year!
- Grand Prize: $50,000 education scholarship;
- 15,000 scholarship and travel to LEGO in Billund, Denmark;
- 15,000 scholarship and take an expedition to explore your world;
- $15,000 scholarship and set sail with scientists across the world;
- $15,000 scholarship and tour Virgin Galactic’s facilities;
- $5,000 gift card from LEGO Education for educational products;
- 20 Finalists will travel to Google Headquarters;
- 53 State Winners will receive an Android tablet and other goodies;
- 100 Regional Winners will receive a Chromebook and other goodies.
- Competition is open to individuals 13 years of age as of December 12, 2018, and 18 years of age as of September 13, 2018;
- Entrants from the 28 member countries in the European Union must be at least 16 years of age as of December 12, 2018. Entrants from South Korea and Israel must be at least 14 years of age as of December 12, 2018;
- Previous Winners of Google Science Fair (of any award and/or prize) are not eligible to participate in Google Science Fair 2018;
- Ideas could be in any of these areas: Environment, Tech, Robotics, Space, Health, Community, Food, AI, Travel, Energy.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
- Step 1: Apply to Harvard Kennedy School: Application deadline is Monday, December 3, 2017 at 5:00 pm EST.
- Step 2: Apply for the Fellowship: Application deadline for the U.S. Latino Leadership Fellowship is early February, 2019.
Application Deadline: December 12, 2018